Flood Forecasting for Bangladesh
EXPERIMENTAL 8 DAY JASON-2 SATELLITE FLOOD FORECASTING FOR BANGLADESH
For the Monsoon 2014 season, the JASON-2 8 day flood forecasting system has now been officially adopted by the Flood Forecasting and Warning Center (FFWC) of Bangladesh Government. Please visit the site http://www.ffwc.gov.bd
for more information.
Earlier the experimental forecasts were made routinely available each day of Monsoon 2013 season as part of a collaborative capacity building project among the following institutions:
- Institute of Water Modeling (Sardar Shah Newaz)
- University of Washington (Faisal Hossain)
- University of Houston (Hyongki Lee)
- LEGOS-France (Sylvain Biancamaria)
- Ohio State University (C K Shum);
- International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development
Funding was provided by the US State Department Fulbright Program, NASA Applied Sciences (SERVIR) and NASA Physical Oceanography program.
For detailed technique of JASON-2 forecasting, please contact email@example.com