Emergency management and response system
The main objective of this project is to strengthen emergency response center of Nepal and to help institutionalize an integrated GIS based information platform (one window system) for emergency management and response in case of earthquake disasters.
- Development of integrated GIS database environment involving multi-stakeholder partnership;
- Incident reporting system using social media and network (Integration of USAHIDI open source system – crowd sourcing);
- Emergency and logistical management (Integration of SAHANA open source system);
- Interactive geo-visualization and on-demand mapping products for local institutions (e.g. Ward offices)
- Involvement of youth for awareness raising and self-organizing capability among the communities;